Modernization of 1890’s landmark school building formerly listed as on of those in the poorest physical condition and most highly contaminated with lead and asbestos.
- the complete reconstruction of all interior walls and ceiling entailing over 1,500,000 SF of pigmented synthetic plaster
- extensive asbestos and lead paint abatement
- restoration of the ornate gothic-style façade and repair of original exterior stone carvings
- replacement of all copper roofs and repair of the existing slate roofs
- work performed under the Scorecard Program designed to facilitate emergency repairs at NYC public schools
Work fast-tracked over an eleven week period so that the school could open on time.