Li/Saltzman, New York, NY
New York Economic Development Corporation, New York, NY
Historic renovation of a quaint, two story, shingled wood frame building at Fulton Landing that is both a National Registerand New York City Landmark.
The site was the scene of George Washington’s retreat in the Battle of Brooklyn and had been used as a ferry service point from the mid-17th century until 1924. Built in 1930, the Fireboat House served as home for Marine Fire Company No. 7 before becoming a museum and eventually closing due to its deteriorated condition.
The project team’s success was recognized with the Preservation Achievement Award from the New York City’s Landmarks Preservation Commission and the Office of the Mayor of the City of New York for the reconstruction of the Fulton Ferry Pier and restoration of the Fireboat House in the Fulton Ferry Historic District.