Gut renovation and conversion of an existing 2 story, 169,000 SF building into a 180 unit Skilled Nursing Facility on a 16 acre site.
- 180 single bed rooms
- addition of 5 courtyards: 1 skylight “greenhouse”, 2 open air two story interior courtyards on the 1st floor, and 2 open air roof gardens on the 2nd floor
- 4 new nursing units and a full medical wing
- complete Adult Medical Day Care (AMDC) Center and a dementia unit
- full rehabilitation center with physical and occupational therapy areas including mats, traction tables, and separate dining facilities
- new synagogue with sliding partitions to create separate function rooms
- 3 complete dining areas
- 8,000 SF fully Kosher kitchen (i.e. double appliances, utensils, etc.) providing 380,000 meals a year for residents, staff of 90, and Meals on Wheels routes
- café, gift shop, and an arts & crafts studio
- elaborate landscaping including work on the site’s 5 acre pond and a “wander path” around the premises
- entrances and all building sides thoroughly reworked to blend in with the surrounding historic community
This particular conversion project was very unusual as it recycled Volvo America’s late 1960’s corporate headquarters into a residential structure. Extensive value engineering by the project team netted approximately $2 million in savings for the client.