Construction of a new, 11,000 SF full service child daycare center in the Springfield Gardens neighborhood of Queens. The center provides childcare for infants to six year olds seven days a week.
- enlargement of existing occupied structure involving con- struction of a new second floor level, relocation of core elements, and installation of a new elevator
- fast-track construction requiring sustained and intense inter- action amongst owner, architect and designers, daycare operators, and fabricators
- challenging site logistics including material staging, lift sched- uling, and other logistics and safety precautions managed throughout project construction
- construction managed without business interruption to existing tenants on first floor and cellar
- “childproofing” design throughout for “vulnerable” occupants
- new fenced-in rooftop playground with rubber paver sys- tem and designated “shade area”
- extensive fire life safety and system intergration to bring existing space up to code compliance